Colours of our Scarves photo competition
Many Colours; One Passion
As part of the Colours of our Scarves programme, Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS) is launching a photo competition for both amateur and professional photographers. The Colours of our Scarves initiative has been running since the end of 2013/2014 season, engaging with football fans across the country on the issue of sectarianism and other forms of discrimination in their local communities. The programme aims to highlight the shared passions and emotion of football fans, regardless of which team they support.
In keeping with the spirit of the programme and the ‘Many Colours. One Passion’ line, Supporters Direct Scotland are giving away two prizes as part of the photography competition, open to both amateur and professional photographers. All you need to do is send us a football-related image that you yourself have taken that best exemplifies ‘Many colours. One Passion’.
Two winners will be chosen by world famous football photographer Stuart Roy Clarke, with the amateur prize being a Canon EOS 1200D camera with a range of accessories; while the professional winner will receive a framed, original Stuart Roy Clarke photo of their choice.
Entries are now closed. Thank you for taking part.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Supporters Direct, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted by via email to , via twitter: @ScottishFans, via Facebook: facebook.com/ScottishFans or via Instagram: Instagram.com/scottishfans_sds. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be up to 6MB in size. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number and whether entering as an amateur or professional participant. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- Any entry found to be a misrepresentation of the entrants amateur or professional status will be disregarded and excluded from selection.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Supporters Direct to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Only two entries per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winning entries will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory encapsulating the phrase “Many Colours, One Passion”. The winner will be notified within fourteen days of the closing date of the competition (The closing date for the competition is midnight of 24/5/2015).
- One (Non Professional) entrant shall win a Cannon ESO 1200D camera, a Velbon Tripod, a Tecno Carry Bag, A SanDisk 16 GB memory card, Jessops Screen Protector and a Jessops ultraviolet filter worth over £400.
- One (Professional) entrant shall win an original framed Stuart Roy Clarke image taken as part of the Colours of our Scarves project.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Scottish law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts shall prevail.