SD Community Owned Kitemark
The Community Owned Kitemark is a a mark to recognise sport clubs which are owned by the community for the community.
Clubs that are majority owned by their supporters or community are able to use the kitemark.
What Supporters Direct mean when they say community owned is as follows:
- A minimum of 50% +1 of the voting rights of the Club to be controlled collectively by a democratic entity which has an open and inclusive membership.
- ‘Democratic’ to mean the membership of the entity to work on a one member one vote principle
- ‘Inclusive’ to mean that there are no substantial barriers to participate as a voting member, with membership open to all that are sympathetic to the aims of the Club.
- Any profits are reinvested back into the Club as opposed to being distributed to shareholders.
- The Club is committed to running as a sustainable business.A guide has been produced to show the basic elements that make up the club mark and will give you a greater understanding of how to use it.